Jan 19 , 2021
As per Ayurveda, the well-being and health of an individual depends on multiple factors, and using herbal remedies is one of them. One can get the best ayurvedic treatment to improve their health condition such as taking a massage, changing lifestyle, or changing the diet chart. Among all the options, Ayurvedic massage is considered one of the best options to improve the health of an individual. Such massage is done using ayurvedic oil that penetrates through the skin into the tissues and works effectively. Well, there are a lot more benefits that an ayurvedic massage offers.
What Is the Importance of Taking Ayurvedic Massage?
- Leave a calming effect on the brain and body
- Increase daily endurance levels
- Alleviates roughness, fatigue, or stiffness
- Strengthen blood circulation in the body
- Improves skin health and remove wrinkles
- Increase mental alertness
- Refreshes and soothes sensory organs
- Strengthen vision and increase longevity
What Are the Different Types of Ayurvedic Massages?
Following are the different types of massages that can be done to provide relief from health problems and diseases. Each massage has its own benefit. Some of the common massages are
- Shirodhara - It is a very effective ayurvedic massage where someone pours oil or milk onto your forehead. This massage provides a calming effect on the body and mind.
- Kativasti - This is a special massage that can help you provide relief from back pain and muscle aches.
- Abhyanga - It is a full-body massage that is done by using warm herbal oil. The pressure used in this massage helps to stimulate energy in the body of an individual.
- Pizhichil - This type of ayurvedic massage generally lasts for 60-90 minutes and involves a relaxing stroke that can help you reduce stress or anxiety. This is done using warm oil.
- Udvartana - This is a special full-body massage performed in a rhythmic motion using a herbal paste or powder. This massage helps to control diabetes, obesity, indigestion, etc.
- Swedana - This massage is done using steam generated via medicated herbal decoctions and induces sweat. The main objective of this massage is to detach the toxins from the tissues by dilating the channels of the body.
- Elakizhi - This type of massage is done using herbal products and is very beneficial for skin health. While doing this massage, medicinal leaves are used to lessen joint pain, cramps, or stress.
- Njavarakizhi - It is a type of distinct ayurvedic massage that is performed using Njavara or cooked rice mixed with milk and tied in cotton boluses. This massage is helpful in alleviating joint stiffness due to Vata.
These are some of the common massages that can help you reduce all your health-related issues and provide instant relief from any pain and discomfort.
How to Choose the Right Ayurvedic Oil for Massage?
The ayurvedic massage oil should always be chosen based on the Dosha balance of the person. In case, the Dosha is found to be unbalanced and causing health problems, then picking an appropriate massage oil can aid in balancing that Dosha. So, you can pick any of the oil mentioned below as per your health condition and requirement.
- Sweet Almond Oil
If your skin is dry in excess, then you can use this oil for massage as it has anti-inflammatory properties and nourishes the skin well. Using this oil for massage can provide relief from itching or rashes and relax your muscles as well.
- Castor Oil
This ayurvedic massage oil is well-known for treating arthritis. It is also used to provide relief from joint pain and nerve inflammation and it also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Jojoba Oil
It is a type of wax that is generally extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant. This oil is similar to that of Shea butter but is not greasy. Its antibacterial property is really helpful in providing relief from back pain and is mostly used for back massage.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is already considered the skin’s best friend. This oil is rich in vitamin E and the antioxidants present in this oil can be used to prevent the skin from wrinkles and sagging.
A great body massage with the right ayurvedic oil can provide your body just what it needs. There are multiple massage oils present and each of them has its own benefits. Here at, Aimil Pharmaceutical, we provide the best ayurvedic products online that can help you provide relief from your health problems or diseases naturally. Get the best ayurvedic product from us and say goodbye to all your problems right away!