Jan 19 , 2021
From the research conducted by experts, it has been found that more than 1.5 million deaths happen because of diabetes, and almost 2.2 million deaths occur due to the increase in blood sugar level. In today’s society, Diabetes is one of the most commonly faced problems among individuals. In Ayurveda, it is described as madhumeha kshaudrameha which means a disease caused by a defective metabolism leading to disturbance in the body tissue transformation process.
But thankfully, Ayurveda looks at diabetes from a holistic approach. Its medicines can effectively help people control their diabetes that too without causing any harm to the body.
What Are the Different Types of Diabetes?
Diabetes is a metabolic condition that develops when the pancreas is no longer able to develop insulin, or when the body is unable to make effective use of the insulin it contains. Failure to generate or use insulin efficiently contributes to higher blood glucose levels, also known as hyperglycemia. These elevated levels of glucose are associated with bodily injury and failure in different organs and tissues. This is what causes diabetes. Generally, there are two main types of diabetes-
Diabetes Type 1
This type of diabetes is mostly found in adolescents and children. When a person has type 1 diabetes, his/her body releases either little or no insulin at all. In such a situation, daily insulin injections are required to maintain blood glucose level.
Diabetes Type 2
This type of diabetes is more commonly found in middle-aged and older people. In type 2 diabetes, the body does not make full use of the insulin it develops. Type-2 diabetes rehabilitation is focused on a healthy lifestyle, including greater physical exercise and a healthy diet. People with type 2 diabetes generally require oral medications and insulin to keep their blood glucose levels under control.
What Are the Symptoms of Diabetes Type 1 & 2?
Diabetes symptoms are generally caused by rising blood sugar level, such as -
- Increased hunger
- Blurred vision
- Frequent infections
- Weight loss or gain
- Dry mouth
- Slow-healing wounds or cuts
- Itching skin
- Increased susceptibility to infections
Useful Ayurvedic Herbs for Effective Diabetes Management
The efficacy of Ayurvedic medicine in the treatment of diabetes is known for a long time. The effectiveness of herbs commonly prescribed in Ayurveda for normalising blood sugar levels has been successfully validated in several clinical trials.
- Gymnema Sylvestre -It is a very essential hypoglycemic component used in Ayurvedic diabetes medication. Consuming this ayurvedic herb can help stimulate insulin secretion and the regeneration of pancreas islet cells.
- Coccinia Indica -It is well-known for its anti-diabetic properties in Ayurveda. By controlling the degradation of starch, it helps to avoid a rapid rise of blood sugar after the intake of carbohydrates.
- Azadirachta Indica -Its bitter leaves are useful to patients with diabetes. It is used with other anti-diabetes Ayurvedic herbs to improve glucose tolerance.
- Trigonella foenum -Its seeds can help a diabetic patient to improve insulin tolerance in the body.
- Eugenia Jambolana - The fruit and seeds of Eugenia Jambolana could dramatically reduce blood sugar levels in diabetics. It activates insulin secretion.
These are some of the popular ayurvedic herbs that if consumed either in the form of ayurvedic medicine or normally can help control diabetes within months.
Ayurvedic Diet & Lifestyle for Better Results
Apart from taking the right ayurvedic prescription, it is also essential to follow a proper diet and lifestyle, then only one can get a fast recovery.
- Make a proper diet plan and changed lifestyle schedule before taking the treatment.
- Follow a more active lifestyle and a safe nutritious diet. Doing so will reduce your weight and help you control diabetes fast.
- Avoid eating potatoes, rice, white bread, sugar-coated cereals, bananas, etc.
- Include a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to boost nutritional status and metabolism.
- Ayurveda recommends following Dinacharya and Ritucharya properly. So, avoid all the factors that are responsible for generating Ama(improperly digested/metabolised substances).
- Avoid sleeping in the daytime and exercise regularly.
- Try yoga poses that are beneficial for diabetic patient, such as - Sarvangasana, Chakrasana, Dhanurasana, Yoga mudrasana, Halasana, etc.
In today’s modern lifestyle, it is very easy to get carried away with unhealthy habits. The stressful routine of an individual gets piled up and lead to medical traumas such as high blood pressure and sugar levels that further cause diabetes. Well, this can only be controlled via proper routine and taking the right ayurvedic tablets for diabetes on time. Here at, Aimil Pharmaceuticals, we make sure to include all the essential ayurvedic herbs into each of our medicine. Patients can easily control their diabetes within months with our ayurvedic tablets. Get the best Ayurveda based medication from us and live a healthy and stress-free life right away!