Jan 14 , 2021
Can Ayurveda Help You In Recovering From Liver Cirrhosis?
The liver is the most vital and largest organ in the human body. It is responsible for detoxifying and cleansing our body of toxins and unwanted wastes. When the detoxification process slows down, it leads to conditions like liver cirrhosis. It is a severe medical condition that arises due to toxin build-up in the liver.
Ayurveda believes that liver cirrhosis occurs due to the issue of Yakrit Vriddhi or liver enlargement. Pitta dosha is responsible for boosting the bile production in the liver that finally results in decreased enzyme activity. Ayurveda has some effective remedies and medicines for liver cirrhosis. Keep reading on to know more about them.
Liver Cirrhosis and Ayurveda
Ayurveda believes that liver issues can lead to distortion or imbalance of all the three doshas in the body; Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. This imbalance gradually starts affecting the working mechanism of the entire body.
Ayurvedic herbs work towards strengthening the liver and correcting the disturbances caused by the digestive fire or Agni. The combination of Agni and imbalanced Pitta leads to raktadhatu and rasa, which cause cirrhosis. Here is a list of ancient Ayurvedic herbs and medicines that can help in curing liver cirrhosis.
- Kalamegh – It is also known as Andrographis Paniculata. It is an ancient Ayurvedic herb that is used in medicines to cure several liver ailments. It is quite an effective herb that has proven results against toxin-induced hepatoxicity.
- Katuka Root – Any person who is suffering from Alcohol-oriented hepatotoxicity can rely on Kakuta Root for corrections. It is a very powerful liver strengthening herb that effectively cures biliousness, hepatitis, poisoning, liver problems, and fevers.
- Ginger Rhizome – Ayurvedic doctors consider ginger roots to be highly effective in promoting digestion. The excellent stimulatory effects of this herb can cure conditions like liver cirrhosis.
- Bhringraj – Also known as Eclipta Alba. It is a powerful ayurvedic herb that is used to aide bile secretion, remove body obstructions, correct liver enlargement, and other liver-related ailments. Bhringraj is a popular herb that is often used in gall bladder medicines.
- Harithaki Fruit – Ayurvedic doctors suggest this ayurvedic fruit to the patients who are suffering from liver cirrhosis, chronic diarrhoea, flatulence, dysentery, and an enlarged liver. It has excellent healing properties that also strengthen the tissues of the liver.
- Pippali – Piperine is an active alkaloidal herb that offers significant protection against liver cirrhosis. It is a powerful antioxidant that reduces toxicity by decreasing GSH. Consult your ayurvedic doctor to understand the benefits of this magical herb.
These were some effective Ayurvedic herbs that can cure the severe condition of liver cirrhosis. Apart from these, Arjuna, Amla, Punarnava, Amtutha, Sharapunka, and Bhumi Amla also play a vital role in healing the liver. For the best health of your liver, Aimil Pharmaceuticals has the best ayurvedic liver syrup. Not only this, it also has an expert Ayurvedic doctors panel who can guide you more about this issue and remedies. Buy the syrup from the online store or consult an expert today.