Jan 19 , 2021
Combinations Of Food That Can Cause Gas and Bloating
Avoiding certain combinations of food helps you to feel healthy and energetic. There are numerous food items that are undoubtedly tasty and delicious but are also the main sources of gas, acidity and indigestion. You must have been eating them without any prior knowledge of their side effects but they should now be brushed aside to save you from a bloating stomach and gas.
What food items you must avoid having?
- Leguminous plants: peas, pulses, chickpeas, beans
- Green vegetables: cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower
- A meal consisting of brown rice, egg and broccoli salad
- Eggs, meat and sweet potatoes together also form gas in the stomach.
- Foods that are rich in fructose: artichokes, onions, pears, wheat and soft drinks
- Lactose content in milk causes gas and acidity. Those that are lactose-intolerant should avoid any kinds of milk products at every cost.
- Foods items that are rich in starch like corn, pasta and potatoes
- Items like oat bran and fruits that are high in soluble fibre
- Whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice and whole wheat flour
- Sorbitol and xylitol come in the form of natural sweeteners.
- Fibrous food items like red meat
- Eggs, prawns and preparations made of them
- Excessively spicy dishes also cause a burning sensation and gas.
Besides the regular symptoms and irritations, you may also witness swollen belly, flatulence and abdominal pain caused due to gas. It is better to stay away from these combinations of food and try some others that are healthy and do not make you feel uncomfortable.
Reasons to avoid these food combinations
- These food items are high on protein and do become difficult for many people to digest easily. As a result of this, they cause bloating, gas and indigestion.
- They also lower the process of digestion and leave the food to ferment for a longer span in the intestine, generating more gas.
- Some food combinations are rich and heavy. It takes a lot of time to digest them and in the meanwhile, the food remains in the stomach and the intestine, generating more gas.
Thus, people suffering from severe constipation and low metabolic rate should avoid all these food combinations since they also impact the bowel movement. When the bowel does not pass properly, it once again exhibits the symptoms of gas and a bloated stomach. Also, mothers who are breastfeeding their babies must be careful too.
Aimil Pharmaceuticals has introduced the best Ayurvedic medicine for indigestion that relieves you from gas, bloating and acidity. We have our medicines available online, and you can read about them in detail. You can have the medicine for indigestion and gas without any fear of side effects. Besides, do maintain a healthy diet followed by regular physical exercises.