Jan 19 , 2021
Effective Herbs and Dos & Don'ts Of Liver Health
The liver is one of the most resilient and hardworking organs in the human body. It is responsible for protecting and nurturing the body throughout life. Owing to its varied functions the liver affects normal human development, fertility, bone integrity, and cardiovascular maintenance.
Therefore, it is crucial to maintain a healthy liver to lead a healthy life. Ayurveda gives special emphasis to liver health as it is one of the major organs that control mental and physical aspects of human bodies.
Keeping yourself updated regarding liver conditions will help you in keeping severe liver diseases at bay. Let us have a look at some effective herbs that will nurture your liver along with some essential dos and don’ts.
Functions of Liver
Although a liver carries out over 500 functions in a human body, its primary functions involve detoxification, generation of digestive chemicals, and synthesis of protein. Your liver:
- Cleans Blood
- Regulates all the body fuels
- Produces essential body proteins
- Regulates Cholesterol
- Produces Bile
Effective Herbs for Liver Health
An unhealthy liver can lead to conditions like Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B along with liver cirrhosis. Ayurveda can play a vital role in stopping processes that can lead to these diseases. Here is a list of essential herbs that can help in keeping your liver healthy throughout the year.
- Kalamegh (Andrographis Paniculata) – It not only nurtures the liver but also protects it against hepatotoxicity.
- Katuka (Picrorhiza Kurroa) – It is a centuries-old Ayurvedic herb that is used in liver tonics. It helps in liver biliousness, cleansing, poisoning, fevers, and hepatitis. It is also effective in curing alcohol-induced hepatotoxicity.
- Ginger Rhizome Root (Zingiber Officinale) – This herb can do wonders in aiding the digestion process. It stimulates the gastric secretions. It also enhances metabolism and blood circulation in the body.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) – It is a traditional herb that is used in the liver enlargement, jaundice, and gall bladder disorders.
- Harithaki (Terminalia Chebula) – Ayurvedic doctors use this herb in curing chronic diarrhoea, vomiting, flatulence, dysentery, and enlarged liver and spleen.
Dos & Don'ts Of Liver Health
- Include legumes like soybeans, peas, and beans in your daily diet.
- Adding more garlic, turmeric, and onion to your food will also help in maintaining a healthy liver.
- Living an active lifestyle is essential to keep liver diseases at bay. Yoga and exercising are also effective in keeping your liver healthy.
- Raw vegetables are high in vitamins and fibre. Substituting sweet things for raw vegetables is a great way to keep your liver healthy.
- Stop smoking tobacco and consuming alcohol
- Semi-cooked seafood can trigger liver poisoning and other infections. Therefore, make sure you only eat fully-cooked seafood
- Avoid drinking contaminated water and roadside food
It was all about liver health. Make sure you consult an experienced Ayurvedic doctor and get your Pitta dosh examined from time to time. Aimil Pharmaceuticals is a leading platform that has a panel of Ayurvedic doctors who have created the best syrup for liver disorders. Get in touch with us today and screen yourself for liver issues or buy your Ayurvedic Medicine directly from our online store.