Jun 26 , 2017
Treatment & Remedies for Indigestion
Constipation or dyspepsia is the pain/discomfort that is felt in the upper abdominal area. Indigestion is commonly associated with heartburn, acid reflux, and a host of other symptoms and diseases.
Rather than being an illness/disorder in itself, indigestion is more of a symptom for other diseases. That being said, it is imperative that we do not ignore it and treat it at the earliest.
Some of the symptoms of indigestion include pain and discomfort in the abdominal area, acid reflux, heartburn, belching, vomiting and so on and henceforth. While most of these symptoms go away in a short time, they can become persistent if the underlying cause is chronic. Thus, indigestion should not be ignored, with the least being said.
Some of the causes behind indigestion might be stress, irregular eating patterns, unhealthy lifestyle, pregnancy, consumption of particular medications, some diseases (GERD, gallbladder disease, cancer, etc.).
Prevention of Indigestion
One of the main reasons behind indigestion for most people is leading an unhealthy lifestyle. Leading a healthier lifestyle is one of the best ways to mitigate against indigestion. The following is a detailed list of the many precautionary steps which can be taken to ward off indigestion.
- Eating at the right intervals is crucial to fighting off indigestion
- Reducing consumption of tea and coffee
- Eating healthy by reducing foods with high acidic content and increasing consumption of foods which are high in fiber (fruits, vegetables, cereals, etc.) is good for digestion
- Lessen the stress in your life by doing yoga, meditation, etc. (are great stress busters)
- Quit smoking and reduce the consumption of alcohol
- Eating slowly also helps reduce indigestion
- Exercise regularly (at least 30 minutes of strenuous exercise is crucial on a day to day basis)
- Don't exercise or sleep directly after eating a meal
- Prop a pillow under your head to aid in the digestion process
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting garments as they inhibit the digestion process
- Having adequate amounts of water on a day to day basis is integral for a healthy digestive system
- Avoid using certain drugs such as certain thyroid medications, contraceptives, steroids, NSAIDs ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), and naproxen (Naprosyn)
Reiterating, the main point which has be to kept in mind in fighting off indigestion is to maintain a sustainable and a healthy lifestyle.
Treatment of Indigestion
Moving on, if indigestion becomes chronic, it needs to be treated before it brings life to a halt. Some people go ahead with allopathic medications for treating indigestion. But allopathic cures are ridden with many a harmful side effect which can lead to dangerous health hazards and complications over a period. Thus, the safer alternative is to go ahead with Ayurvedic remedies which have been tested over the centuries. The inefficiencies in the erstwhile cures have been ironed with the help of modern day medical science to create one kind product.
One such product is the zymnet syrup which is an ayurvedic treatment which effectively and efficiently treats indigestion. It uses a host of natural herbs and ingredients such as (Badi Elaichi) Amomum subulatum, (Pudina/ Mint) Mentha piperita, Lemon( Citrus limon), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Ginger (Zingiber officinale). These ingredients have been traditionally known to have medicinal properties in treating indigestion.
Zymnet is an Ayurvedic formulation which is well acceptable, useful and has been found to stimulate digestion, absorption, regulate enzymatic activity in the gastrointestinal tract. It is also known to relieve gases, gripping and control nausea & vomiting at the same time. It has been proved to be one of the most efficient medicine for digestion and to calm the symptoms of Indigestion, flatulence, Gripes & colics. It also helps relieve conditions like nausea in pregnancy or morning sickness.
Some of the Salient Features of Zymnet are as follows-
- It helps restore digestive ability.
- It improves absorption & assimilation of food and also helps in healthy growth in Children.
- It increases the secretion of digestive juices, hence provoking appetite.
- It also prevents abdominal discomfort due to indigestion.
- It makes a person feel light and comfortable.
- It also helps in reducing flatulence (an outcome of sedentary habits)
- Relieves nausea and regulates gastrointestinal motility.
- It maintains the normal intestinal flora
How is Zymnet beneficial?
- It does not cause the Gastro-Intestinal disturbance.
- No abdominal discomfort, dizziness or drowsiness.
- Provokes appetite and helps in digestion.
- As it is a herbal medicine for digestion, so there are no side effects of Zymnet (relatively).
Click on the link below to know more.